LocalBitcoins Peer to Peer Cryptocurrency Exchange
Buy and sell bitcoins near you. Instant. Secure. Private.
LocalBitcoins Peer to Peer Cryptocurrency Exchange
LocalBitcoins peer to peer cryptocurrency exchange, is a custodial cryptocurrency exchange, through which you can buy and sell bitcoins fast. It offers opportunities to trade bitcoin with people close to you, making the exchange of fiat currencies very simple and easy.
- Secured By Escrow
- Millions of Dollars of Bitcoin Traded
- Exchangers in 248 countries and 7967 cities
- Millions of Customers served
- Register: Register an account with LocalBitcoins. You get a free and secure online bitcoin wallet. No additional apps are needed. If you already have an account, skip to the next step.
- Search for advertisements: Go to the main page, and in the search box, fill in the form with the amount you want to buy in your currency, your location, and choose a payment method. If you're unsure how you want to pay, choose "All online offers" as your payment method. The site will list bitcoin traders available in your region.
- Select an advertisement: From the list of advertisements, choose one from a trader with a good reputation score and a high amount of trades. The response time indicator shows if a trader replies within five minutes (green), within 30 minutes (yellow) or slower than 30 minutes (grey). You can click the 'Buy' button to view more information about an advertisement.
- Pay the seller: After you press the 'Buy' button you'll see more information about the advertisement, including the terms of the trade. Read through them before submitting the trade request, if you don't agree with them you can go back to the previous page and choose another advertisement.
To start the trade, type in the blue box how much you want to buy, enter a message for the seller and click the Send trade request button to the start the trade. Be sure you're ready to pay when clicking the button, if you don't pay before the payment window is over, the trade will be automatically cancelled.
- Mark payment complete: Once you have made the payment, click the I have paid button. Once the trader has verified that your payment has been received your Bitcoin will be released from escrow and they are instantly available in your LocalBitcoins wallet.
And that's all there is to it, congratulations on your first Bitcoin trade!
- Register: Register an account with LocalBitcoins. You get a free and secure online bitcoin wallet. No additional apps are needed.
To sell Bitcoin you need to first send them to your LocalBitcoins wallet.
- Search for advertisements: Go to the main page and in the search box select the option QUICK SELL. Fill in the form with the amount you want to sell in your currency and choose a payment method. If you're unsure how you want to be paid, choose All online offers as your payment method. The site will then list all Bitcoin offers available.
* Note about payment methods: Some payment methods are considered high risk. Bitcoin transactions are completely irreversible. Once you sell your Bitcoins it's not possible for you to recover them, even if the buyers’ payment is reversed. That's why we recommend you sell with a low risk payment method to experienced users with a large amount of previous trades and 100% feedback.
- Select an advertisement: From the list of offers, choose one where the trader has a good reputation score and a high amount of completed trades. The response time indicator shows if a trader replies within five minutes (green), within 30 minutes (yellow) or slower than 30 minutes (grey). You can click the sell button to view more information about an offer.
- Open a trade: After you press the Sell button you'll see more information about the offer, including the terms of the trade. Read through them before submitting the trade request and if you don't agree with them you can go back to the previous page and choose another offer.
To start the trade, type in the blue box how much you want to sell, enter a message for the buyer and click the Send trade request button to the start the trade. Once you start the trade your Bitcoins will be moved from your wallet to the trade escrow.
- Wait for the buyer to pay: After you've sent the trade request the buyer will ask you for your payment details (e.g. if you want to sell for a bank transfer the buyer will ask for your bank account information). After you have given the seller the payment information the buyer will pay for the Bitcoins and confirm it to you. Please make sure that you have received the money into your account before releasing the bitcoins. NEVER release Bitcoins before you have received payment. Bitcoin transactions are irreversible, once you send the Bitcoins to the buyer there is no way to get them back, even if the buyers payment doesn't show up. Once you have confirmed that the payment has been made you can scroll down the page and select Release Bitcoins. This will send the Bitcoins from the trade escrow to the buyer and complete the trade.
- Peer to Peer Trade: Place bids to buy or sell cryptocurrencies from or to other people on the platform.
Local Bitcoin’s Extra Features:
- The largest P2P Bitcoin trading platform, LocalBitcoins trade volume doubled during the past 12 months.
- More than one million users registered from 249 different countries, LocalBitcoins gives you access to a global marketplace.
- Quick and easy way to trade Bitcoins.
- Escrow protection for safe trading protects both the buyer and the seller.
- Reputation system for finding and filtering trustworthy customers.
- Dynamic pricing system with hundreds of sources ensures your prices are always up to date.
- API to allow you to make your own trading applications to automate trading.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Protect your Bitcoins with high security log in.
- Login Guard: LocalBitcoins remembers your web browsers and verifies logins are coming from the same browser. If an unknown web browser is encountered, an email confirmation is required before the login can proceed.
Affiliate Program: You can earn bitcoins by referring other users to LocalBitcoins.com. earn 10% commission on the LocalBitcoins.com trading fees from your referred participants.